One of the most critical parts of the winter is staying snug and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is important throughout the year, but during the chilly season it is even more essential. Winters in Hattiesburg are always changing and the coldest days can often pop up on us, sometimes when your furnace is not ready. So, before you ask a professional technician, here are a few things you can check first:
- Check your filter – unclean filters are one of the most universal causes of unforeseen furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time floating through filters once they are filthy or dirty, causing the system to shut off often times. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to detect the problem, while newer furnaces are created to pick up on clogged and dirty filters before further problems arise. Changing furnace filters every month or so can counteract these problems and keep you comfy.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep continuous tabs on your thermostat batteries to make sure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or indicator on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to switch out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to neglect minor things like the settings of your thermostat. Insure this important step, especially if there was a new increase in temperature that may have caused you to switch off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, discover the breakers that operate your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On spot. If it is Off or in the middle of the two positions, cycle the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that appears to look like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, position. It can often be mistaken for a real light switch, which is why it is often the difficulty with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only need a few minutes to reboot.
Walking through these steps is an easy and effective way of confirming the productivity of your furnace before you give a call to your Hattiesburg professional. If there are still difficulties after you have gone through these steps, you will have a much greater idea on how to notify your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the problem might be. If you have questions or need to arrange a repair, call Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning in Hattiesburg.