You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning have compiled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you find small problems before they become large problems, and it can help ensure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a major dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting acclimated to the new temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning technician is over for your annual furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 601-292-9763.