Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Hattiesburg is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning in Hattiesburg at 601-292-9763 today.