Having regular air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Hattiesburg summer, have the experts at Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We recommend checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning today at 601-292-9763.