As springtime rolls around, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Hattiesburg? Particularly if your air conditioning unit is recently installed or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s a machine that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your system inspected annually by a Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning tech can help locate little issues before they become huge breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is installed outside your home, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a pro to maintain delicate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect within your system can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can create elevated energy consumption—and a higher utility bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling expenses and over the long run, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps find small troubles before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully inspect pieces and carry out a cycle of AC performance checks. These detailed measures often allow us to locate problems before they become large problems that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free cooling throughout the season. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is prepped to deliver worry-free comfort. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and components:
- Total unit order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Immediately with Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning pros a call at 601-292-9763 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your home, don’t forget to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.