If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, so that means you can use your smart phone from work or even vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and change the temperature as needed.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to educate yourself about them and all their benefits, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide choice of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer you many benefits to maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning in Hattiesburg at 601-292-9763. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be sure you’ll find one to match your needs.