Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Hattiesburg during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Oak Grove Heating & Air Conditioning at 601-292-9763 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.